Mechanical Installation Manager 3 - 12953
Dematic Corp. has an immediate opening for a Regional Installation Manager in our Grand Rapids Office.
Full Mechanical project installation activities including staffing and planning of daily and weekly workload in meeting project milestones for less complex and/or smaller projects. Manages assigned Foremen and crews. Responsible for all mechanical projects, project progress, safety and other required reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This individual will be responsible for the full lifecycle of installation projects starting with pre-quoting activities through site visits and concept review meetings in order to determine costs. Scheduling sub-contractors, keeping track of equipment inventory and rentals is also a large part of this role
* Assists with routine equipment trial runs to ensure that it meets specifications and assure equipment is installed to Dematic Standards. Provides assistance with training of subcontractors in the installation of Dematic and other material handling equipment.
* Performs routine work within technical or paraprofessional area. Identifies problems as they occur and suggests appropriate resolutions.
* Responsible for interfacing with Project Management, Installation Management, Engineering and customer (at appropriate level) on project issues.
* Quoting projects, including a pricing review meeting, justifying installation costs, and choosing subcontractors in conjunction with purchasing.
* Prepare quote packages that include a transmittal letter, drawings, equipment list, customer criteria, scope of work, general overview, and the schedule for the project.
* Attend weekly project review meetings, track financials, and contact and update the sub-contractors on a weekly basis.
* Make site visits occasionally to help with commissioning if needed and enforce safety and quality standards.
* Responsible for completion of equipment run-in and reporting readiness of segments for commissioning via signed Installation Pre-commissioning Documents.
* Ordering all consumables, air piping supplies, equipment rentals and other resources required for project execution.
* Attend post project meetings to recommend design or concept changes if problems arose during the installation process.
* Forecasting monthly installation costs, and updating the installation management tool and PMC tool.
Key Working Relationships:
Contacts are primarily with immediate manager and others in the group, including installation subcontractors.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity