BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Senior Accounting Analyst, Partner Accounting is responsible for supporting all aspects of the firm s partnership accounting function for BDO s active, former and retired Partners. Responsibilities include the calculation and payment of partners profit share (draws and settlement distribution), partner retirement plans, management of partners capital and partnership capital loans while also participating in maintaining the firm s financial records and reporting requirements.
- Associate s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field OR equivalent professional experience, required
- Three (5) or more years of general accounting experience, required with a degree
- Seven (7) or more years of general accounting experience, required without a degree
- Experience working within a professional services firm such as accounting, financial services, business advisory and/or banking industries, preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel skills required, basic Access experience preferred)
- Prior experience using PeopleSoft Financials and/or Sage 100 (MAS 90/200), preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Displays superior verbal and written communication skills, taking complex thoughts and synthesizing them into words using clear, concise language to present a cohesive narrative.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with executive/owner level personnel
- Capable of working and communicating effectively with professionals at all levels
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects / tasks with an attention to detail
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Possesses superior customer service skills
- Capability to prepare more challenging and complex work
- Ability to work with a massive volume of data, identify and rectify errors, interpret data, manage reports and follow established regulations, principles and rules.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of information
- Demonstrates an intermediate level of understanding of the accounting processes
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Employer's Job# 18768BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.