The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a dedicated professional for the position of full-time Speech Language Pathologist to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Rehab, this position performs evaluations and develops comprehensive, functional patient treatment plans to restore, maintain or prevent decline of speech-language, cognitive and/or safe swallowing function.
- Maintain highest level of Speech Language Pathology standards, while performing evaluations and determining treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by prescription in order to improve speech-language, cognition, and/or swallow ability of residents/patients and to assist in redeveloping personal independence and self-reliance; modify treatment plans as needed.
- Administer/comply with HIPAA, confidentiality guidelines, federal, state, facility and professional standards/protocols.
- Involve resident, patient, family and/or responsible party in planning objectives and goals.
- Complete discharge planning by consulting w/physicians, nurses, social workers, health care workers; design patient specific maintenance programs: instruct patients, families and/or other caregivers in follow-up home exercise maintenance programs, recommend/provide assistive equipment, recommend outpatient or home health follow-up programs as needed.
- Protect patients, employees and self by adhering to facility infection control policies/procedures; assure therapy area, equipment and supplies are maintained in a clean, safe manner for resident comfort/convenience.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the medical professionals and organizations.
- Demonstrate and train resident/patient and nursing personnel, as necessary, in the use of techniques/equipment involved in the Rehab process.
- Participate in committees, community-based services, meetings, surveys, inspections and programs designed for in-service education, on the job training, orientation classes for newly assigned personnel and volunteers needed.
- Document resident/patient services by charting and/or completing electronic medical records.
- Travel as needed to perform job and provide services in multiple sites based on resident/patient need.
- Assist in transporting residents/patients to and from therapy as needed.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Position offers a competitive wage, medical, dental, vision, generous retirement plan, paid vacation, paid sick time, personal days, paid holidays, life insurance, short-term disability, and a uniform allowance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR SPEECH LANGUANGE PATHOLOGIST.
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist authorized to practice in the State of Michigan required.
- Current certificate of clinical competence from the American Speech & Hearing Association.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Previous experience performing speech therapy in hospital, skilled nursing or other related medical facility setting preferred, however, we welcome all levels of interest and experience.
- Exceptional relational skills and professionalism that includes patience, tact, confidentiality, a cheerful disposition, enthusiasm, and willingness to handle residents on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Willingness and ability to attend and participate in continuing education classes to keep with current changes in healthcare field and maintain professional status.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position including working with ill, disabled, elderly, and/or emotionally upset individuals; frequent bending, lifting, pushing or pulling a minimum of 50 pounds and assisting residents weighing up to 500 pounds.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com
Learn more about the organization at ironcountymcf.com