Incumbent is responsible for processing and expediting requisitions and contracts, plant-wide, to procure supplies, equipment and services required to operate the plant. He/she also monitors spare parts, equipment, chemical and lubricating oil inventories to maintain sufficent quanties for operational requirements.
- Through strict adherence to Company bulletins and policies, purchases materials for the Mill under direction of plant supervisors.
- Consistently searches for most cost efficient purchasing options, while expediting the purchasing process in a timely manner.
- Makes recommendations to Department Managers, Foremen, and Project Engineers on most cost efficient and practical purchasing decisions.
- Investigates alternative equipment and supplies, by utilizing strong relationships with vendors.
- Maintains appropriate communication with outside vendors and contractors, always putting Company's interests at the forefront.
- Accurately completes purchase orders securing proper quotations.
- Maintains strict control of procurement card purchases, paying close attention to plant policies.
- Possesses basic familiarity with overall mill operation, specifically the maintenance, instrumenation and electrical functions.
Job Procedures and Requirements:
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the incumbent processes local purchase orders and contracts by establishing and maintaining vendor/contractor contacts, obtaining competitive quotations, negotiating terms, and preparing related documentation.
- Through communication with the maintenance and production areas, he/she orders and maintains inventory of mill chemicals and lubricating oils.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining inventory of maintenance, operations and repair (MRO) items for Mill Maintenance and the mobile fleet.
- Investigates equipment and spare parts specifications for routine and non-routine facility maintenance and machinery repair/installation projects.
- Works with the MRO team to make sure that planned jobs have all required parts prior installation.
- He/she issues and maintains service contracts (e.g. air conditioning) with strict adherence to Company guidelines. Handling in correlation with the Reliability Department routine maintenance procurement and scheduling as well as break in jobs as required.
Candidate should possess the following:
- Job knowledge and substantial industry experience.
- Excellent comunication, relationship and teamwork skills with ability to manage conflicts and negotiation.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage resources and time while ensuring high quality work.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Supply Chain
Title: Procurement Coordinator - Otsego
Requisition ID: OTS10123
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.