The Leadman is responsible for overseeing the entire plant operation that processes raw materials into high quality products; ensures that equipment and buildings are sanitary and in good repair with a direct report to the Plant Manager.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Responsible for daily operations as directed by the Plant Manager.
* Maintains efficient and timely flow of all raw materials received.
* Responsible for maintaining hourly schedules beginning to end.
* Evaluate and correct all mechanical problems within the plant.
* Responsible for helping and directing subordinates as necessary.
* Possesses the ability to operate all plant production equipment at a high standard to ensure efficient production of premium quality finished products.
* Communicate effectively with foreman, plant manager, or maintenance manager any mechanical or technical issues with any area of the plant.
* Records all process quality control and environmental monitors in logs suitable for submission to governing authorities - to include proper documentation of required cGMPs.
* Monitors performance of individuals to ensure that procedures are being held to highest standards.
* Responsible for the quality of all finished products and determines any reason for loss of quality.
* Responsible for being familiar with and observing all Company safety rules and regulations, recognizes safety as top Company priority and conducts regularly scheduled safety meetings.
* Conducts investigation of accidents that occur within jurisdiction and makes recommendations to Plant Safety Committee.
* Must be available for extended hours and call in service.
* All other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Must have two (2) years supervisory experience.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Prior experience in general mechanical and electrical maintenance a plus.
* Detail oriented; highly organized.
* Knowledge of welding, cutting, plumbing, electric motors, pumps, and other mechanics.
* Ability to work well with internal staff and employees.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
* Self-starter; self-motivated.
* Dependable; Reliable
* Organizational and basic supervisory skills.
* Good math and computer skills.
* Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
* Frequently required to stand for extended periods.
* Occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
* Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
Job functions will be carried out in a rendering facility which requires tolerance for wet and/or slippery floors, and high heat and/ or cold temperatures.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: HTTP://WWW1.EEOC.GOV/EMPLOYERS/UPLOAD/EEOC_SELF_PRINT_POSTER.PDF