BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Instructional Designer designs learning projects that span across large and/or multiple business lines. This role supports complex and large-scale change initiatives, such as supporting new business processes and system or product implementations to multiple job functions that affect business outcomes. The primary function of this role is to develop a variety of instructional design eLearning, in-person, and live webcast training utilized to support the professional development of BDO professionals. This may include, but is not limited to, working with subject matter experts and Learning & Development (L&D) Relationship Managers to define learning needs and outcomes, design storyboards, write learning modules, and write training documentation. The Instructional Designer partners with internal Media Producers to edit and record audio, create software simulations and demos, develop graphic design, support webpage design, and script podcasts and video production only as needed.
- Associates degree, required
- Bacheloru0027s degree, preferred
- Three (3) or more years of experience in a training or organizational development role, required
- Experience in designing for classroom/instructor-led delivery, required
- Experience in a detail oriented task-based role that highly leverages technology, required
- Experience designing e-learning for delivery through a learning management system (LMS), required
- Experience at a professional services firm, required
- Experience with interpreting regulatory guidelines, rules and laws, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel, required
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint, required
- Experience with high-level course development tools such as Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, Audacity, Soundforge and/or Lectora, preferred
- Experience with advanced development tools such as Photoshop, Premiere, Flash, Director and SharePoint preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of instructional design methodologies, required
- Strong client-facing consulting and communication skills, required
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to simplify complex processes into clear and effective learning modules, required
- Strong attention to detail, required
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to understand and interpret NASBA and AICPA guidelines and apply them to training modules
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and manage multiple project deliverables and deadlines
- Ability and willingness to learn new applications with a minimum of supervision and/or instruction
- Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines
- Capable of working harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
- Strong customer service attitude, and ability to provide guidance to internal customers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Employer's Job# 18669BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.