DK Security is Michigan’s fastest growing security company. Established in 1995, we began as an investigations firm and quickly expanded to provide uniform security, event staff security, loss prevention services, and much more based on the needs of our clients.
DK Security can provide you an opportunity to grow, develop and meet new people in a professional setting. We offer you the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of working on a team in a position that serves a critical purpose. DK has earned a reputable name in the security industry thanks to our outstanding officers that work in the field, and we cannot wait to have you join our team!
Job Skills / Requirements
SCOPE: Uniform Security Site Supervisor is responsible for the overall success of the security operations on the designated shift, and the supervision and leadership of assigned officers, in support of the Operations Manager. The Site Supervisor is responsible for contributing to the overall goals and direction of our clients and the organization as a whole.
- 2nd Shift Monday - Friday
- Must have flexible availability and willingness to cover other shifts and days of the week**
- 40+ hours per week
- Rate of Pay: $17.00/hour
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, hospital indemnity, critical illness, identity theft protection, and Paid Time Off.
LOCATION: Kentwood, MI
- Billable: Work 40+ hours per week in a billable, uniform supervisor capacity. The vast majority of the position is operational, requiring the supervisor to maintain a personal presence throughout the facility and becoming recognized by and approachable to staff and patrons.
- Supervision: Direct, supervise, and manage subordinates in the execution of appropriate strategies, consistent with law, Client and Company policy, and accepted security standards that maintain a safe, secure and orderly decorum in support of the stated organizational mission.
- Site Training: Assist the Operations Manager with the training of all assigned officers and ensure they are appropriately and thoroughly carrying out all duties outlined in the site’s post guidelines. Will be responsible for ensuring all new hire complete the required training, and all training is adequately documented prior to arriving on base. Will be responsible for tracking individual certifications and expiration dates to ensure all officers are meeting our minimum requirements at all times.
- Officer Grooming: Ensure the appearance, grooming and physical image of all uniform security employees assigned to the shift are impeccable at all times.
- Site Post Orders: Assist the Operations Manager with maintaining updated post guidelines for the security operations of the site and meet with Client and Operations Manager (at minimum) annually to jointly review and update guidelines.
- Client Communication: Maintain regular communication with the designated client contact, follow through with client requests and keep operations manager updated as to client communication.
- Scheduling: Assist the Client and Operations Manager with scheduling all security officer shifts 3 weeks in advance, without overtime (unless previously approved by operations manager), and adhering to the Affordable Health Care Act laws. Determine if scheduling will accommodate time off requests and approve time off as appropriate.
- Customer Service: Understand and require the performance of DK’s customer service GIFTS program with all assigned officers.
- Payroll: Assist the Operations Manager with approving time sheets and ensure they are submitted weekly within company deadlines.
- Hiring: May work, in coordination with the Recruiting Department and the Operations Manager, to ensure the site location is adequately staffed. May perform on-site interviews and authorize hiring decisions for the location.
- Discipline: Will assist the Operations Manager with implementing progressive disciplinary actions for subordinate violations of Company or Client Policy as necessary, in strict accordance with established company policy after consultation and direction from Human Resources. No employee will be disciplined, suspended or discharged without consultation and input from the Operations Manager and Human Resources (who will in return ensure all other appropriate parties are informed.)
- Performance Appraisals: May assist the Operations Manager with completing objective, performance based, written appraisals of subordinates based on published Post Order or Position Descriptions of subordinates within 14 days of the anniversary date. (if applicable to site location).
- Incident Reports: Assist the Operations Manager with reviewing and approving all written reports of investigation generated by assigned personnel. Such review shall insure that the report accurately and concisely documents all incidents/accidents that occur on property owned, controlled or maintained by the client and have been submitted in the proper format within 48 hours.
- Site Equipment and Uniforms: Assist the Operations Manager with maintaining an inventory of and report problems associated with DK and client owned equipment and uniforms.
- Vehicle Maintenance: Assist the Operations Manager with overseeing the company fleet vehicles on base, to include the following tasks: keeping up with all recommended preventative maintenance, submitting weekly vehicle photos, and other required documentation to the corporate office.
- On-Call: Be available to receive calls from subordinates with site questions while the officers are on duty and handle unexpected scheduling issues (sick employees). The site supervisor is ultimately responsible for filling all shifts with the assistance of the Operations Manager.
- The daily duties of this position are determined by the client and may vary depending upon the needs of the site / client contact.
- Other duties as assigned.