When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you'll find a culture of collaboration and innovation that provides our members meaningful work and development opportunities.
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you'll become an integral part of a family-owned organization, where your contributions truly matter.
We are currently looking for a 1st Shift Machine Operator II to join our team in Ludington, MI.
As a Machine Operator II, you will:
Set up, operate, and maintain various work centers and/or equipment, ensuring production of quality products per engineering specifications. Work centers and equipment include, but are not limited to, Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) mills, various presses, Numerically Controlled (NC) side trim rail presses, cut off saws, and complex miter saws.
This is a full time, permanent position. Here at Haworth, our members enjoy the following benefits from their first day of employment:
* Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
* 401K & company match
* Paid vacation
* Bonus opportunities
* Tuition reimbursement
* Opportunity for overtime (Paid at time and a half)
The standard hours for this role are Monday-Friday from 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM with required overtime after the shift.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience (equivalent work experience is defined as manufacturing work experience OR combination of education and manufacturing work experience, three years manufacturing work experience equals one year of formal education)
- 2 years manufacturing experience required OR 1 year at Haworth OR be a Certified Machine Operator from accredited educational/vocational facility OR three-square certified as a machine operator in the Haworth Training Matrix
- Ability to lift/move products weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in Ludington, MI without relocation assistance
- Ability to flex work schedule and overtime may be required including weekends and/or holidays per business demands
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Current or previous Haworth manufacturing experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- CNC machine operation experience
- Computer experience, including keyboard/mouse skills.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments, such as gauges and tape measures
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Requires ability to multi-task and operate various machines/equipment.
- Ability to work as contributing member within team environment.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Haworth's AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at or (616)-393-1600.
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids
Job Segment: CNC, Equipment Operator, Industrial, Machinist, Facilities, Manufacturing, Operations
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicantâ€™s race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.