Do you have strong interpersonal skills, comfort using technology, and a desire to make a difference in your community? UP Michigan Works! is looking for a Talent Specialist to get job seekers and business Ready to Win.
Across the UP Talent Specialists function as a team to assist employers in filling their talent needs. The primary function of this role is to provide access to resources and assistance with job search activities.
- While maintaining comprehensive knowledge of the workforce system, provide focused services to the talent pool within the given service area.
- Enroll customers in appropriate workforce programs, managing a caseload as designated by the Workforce Services Manager.
- Assess customer needs and develop a customized plan for overcoming barriers, acquiring new skills (if needed), and moving through a suitable career pathway.
- Connect customers to appropriate community resources that will assist in removing barriers to employment.
- Work collaboratively with additional team members to access training services and placement.
- Ensure proper documentation of enrollment, participation, exit, and follow-up as directed by program guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Establish relationships with customers in the American Job Center, training institutions and community to provide high quality customer service.
- Provide services required under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Employment Services, PATH, Trade Act, and other workforce development programs.
- Represent Michigan Works! positively in public; be an ambassador in the local community.
- Use applications in the Microsoft Office Suite to advance work.
- Maintain timely and accurate data entry.
- Provide high quality customer service to all customers, internal and external.
- Promote access to and use of all available Workforce Services resources.
- Develop and continually increase knowledge as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in a selected area(s).
- Create, produce and provide written materials as needed, such as business communications and support letters.
- Maintain trusting relationships; uphold confidentiality and standards of professionalism in all activities.
- Able to perform required job duties in-person; valid driver’s license and ability to travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate using physical and mechanical medium.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other standard Applications.
- Demonstrated writing, proofreading and grammar skills.
Benefits: Full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance and paid holidays.
Status: Temporary, non-exempt; 40 hours weekly, normal office hours and occasional evening hours. The position expires February 26, 2021.
Travel: There is a minimal amount of travel in Mackinac and Chippewa Counties.
Application Deadline: The position is open until filled.
Pay: $15.00 per hour.
UP Michigan Works! is proud to lead in efforts to create safe work spaces for employees, provide ongoing training, and strictly follow state and federal guidance for COVID-19 precautions and safety.