Eckhart is a premier market leading manufacturing solutions provider to Fortune 500 industrial manufacturers. We are seeking creative minds committed to innovative disruption like artificial intelligence, autonomous guided carts (AGCs), additive/3D printing, collaborative robotics, and microlocation spatial positioning. We believe companies that embrace Industry 4.0 will shape the future of how things are made.
From ergonomic lift-assist solutions, that help manufacturers transfer raw material and large components to points of assembly in factories, to turn key fully integrated controls that empower manufacturing companies to identify parts, confirm work sequences, and monitor product quality, our team loves creativity and ingenuity. We work closely with our customers to ensure their design to installation experience at Eckhart is exceptional.
Manufacturing Technicians are able to apply electrical/pneumatic theory and related knowledge to build and test industrial controls systems according to engineering data. Applying a working knowledge of electrical principles as well as the ability to understand wiring diagrams, layout drawings and engineering specifications is required. Our goal is to exceed expectations and ensure our customers receive an exceptional experience at Eckhart.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate the ability to wire electrical control panels and field devices to drawings/schematics provided. Technician must have the ability to provide consistent and quality driven product results associated with assembling and terminating control panels, controls plates and wire/tube harness assemblies.
• Training available upon hire. Must demonstrate a willingness to learn and attention to detail in this role.
• Demonstrate the ability to interpret 2d drawings of both mechanical and controls assembly to include controls wiring diagram and pneumatic controls logic diagrams. Electrical wiring diagram familiarity is essential.
• Ability to mechanically assemble various tools and special machines using pneumatic and electrical components in the construction of the machine system. Some light mechanical assembly such as drilling and tapping may also be required in the event support for that function is requested.
• Able to provide controls assembly support both internal to Eckhart and onsite at customers as needed. This would include but not be limited to internal customer buyoff events and offsite customer install or service as needed.
• Must be able to travel within the continental US/North America.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to perform light physical activity. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
Other skills and abilities:
• Ability to troubleshoot existing installations.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
• Ability to use hand/power tools and possess basic understanding of machining tools.
• Working knowledge of personal computer, keyboard, and various software programs.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good verbal and written skills.
• Proven organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work with limited supervision.
• Good presentation skills.
• Ability to explain how and why specific conclusions were reached.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to remain flexible to changing schedules and demands.