Under general supervision, performs tasks in the operation, maintenance and construction of metropolitan underground systems, electric substation, transmission lines, sub transmission lines and distribution lines and equipment and able to direct another lower rated employee in performing duties such as:
- Operating electric substations, transmission/sub transmission and distribution lines and equipment.
- Preparing switching orders, carrying out switching orders placing and removing protective tags, giving or taking clearance, and applying grounds.
- Performing switching operations necessary to restore service following interruptions such as replacing fuses, operating switches and operating circuit interrupting equipment and patrolling lines by vehicle during outages.
- Ability to work extended hours to support projects and restoration efforts.
- Ability to take on-call and work holidays and weekends as required.
- Performing tests on energized lines and equipment such as phase testing, testing for grounds and tong testing.
- Performing routine tests of equipment such as circuit breakers, circuit switches, voltage regulators, relay equipment and alarm circuits.minor repairs and assisting in inspections and repair work as direct