SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The individual selected for this role will work independently to set-up and operate machine tools, as well as service weld and machine fixtures. Produce from blueprint or sketch various machine details, tools, dies, punches, etc.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Service, maintain, repair, trouble shoot, install and test new or existing fixtures.
- Set-up and operate a wide variety of machine tools such as horizontal and vertical mills, grinders, lathes, hones, etc., to produce tools, gauges or fixtures.
- Set-up and operate a wide variety of measuring devices and equipment such as I.D. and O.D. micrometers, height gauges, surface plates, etc., for precision measurement and documentation of dimensions within established tolerances.
- Provide support in trouble shooting and correcting of dimensional process issues.
- Provide support to electricity trouble shoot fixture sensors and cables up to 2400c.
- Work with a team to make recommendations for continuous improvement based upon knowledge gathered from tooling problems or failures and implement suggested improvements.
7.Perform other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- High School Diploma plus Journeyman's card or equivalent work experience.
- Metallurgical, heat treat and materials knowledge.
- Skills with tool room machinery to perform unusual set-ups or odd machinery configurations.
- Skills with all hand tools required to perform fixture repairs.
- Creative with design and tool replacement. Original thinker.
- Skills in interpersonal relations and written and oral communications
Shifts Available: 2nd and 3rd shift available
Pay Rate: $26.72/hour Advanced or $$29.85/hour with Journeyman’s Card