SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The individual selected for this role will work independently or under direction, building and maintaining required forming tool assemblies for production and prototype needs in plant.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assemble forming tools, die stacks and punch assemblies.
- Measure and verify tool sizes before and after assembly.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic assembly presses (used when pressing tooling in and out of retainers).
- Complete dimensional reports of assemblies and all necessary paperwork.
- Properly tag authorized for use, assemblies, after inspection and verification.
- Be capable of determining the difference of Good and or Bad, when cleaning an assembly, to prevent a bad assembly from being presented to the machine, causing bad parts and lost time.
- Safely operate various machines such as assembly presses, hi-lo's and lathes, and Dry Ice Blaster
- Work with forming group to make recommendations for continuous improvements based on knowledge of process.
- Clean and polish tooling in machines as required.
- Have all tooling required for change-over ready and together prior to change-over to ensure best change-over time, including die stack, punch assembly, grippers (when required), punch stop, knock-out caps (if required), bed liner, sizing die and/or dummy ring (if required), fasteners.
- Ensure all back-up tooling for active jobs are ready for use.
- Notify form tool engineer of any issues regarding tooling or assemblies.
- Keep department and machines in department clean and free of various debris.
- Capable of using various measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, bore micrometers, profilometer and depth micrometers.(Working Knowledge)
- Capable of using impact guns, torque wrenches and gas torches.
- Knowledge and ability to use overhead hoist for assembly work.
Possess a good sense of safety skills and workplace safety.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Possess good shop math skills.
- Skills in interpersonal relations in both written and oral communications.
Must be a self-starter and team player.
- Have a good attendance record – dependability is required.
- Hilo Experience required
2nd and 3rd shift available!