This position reports to a leader within the finance organization. Responsibilities include performing financial analysis and business support in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and business needs. This position requires minimum supervision.
- Recognized as a critical company advisor with responsibility for interfacing with internal and external customers and industry experts
- Business advisor to other business areas/departments to ensure proper charging, accumulation of costs, policy/procedure and regulatory guidance
- Work closely with corporate counterparts regarding regulatory compliance
- Ensure Disclosure Statements are compliant with regulatory requirements and conducted in accordance with Woodward best practices
- Provide support of government audits conducted by DCMA and DCAA, including CAS, business systems, post award, timecard, and material existence audits
- Ensure policies and procedures related to government contracting are current, accurate and supportive of government regulations and company compliance
- Support development, submittal and negotiation of incurred cost claim as required
- Provide guidance to company management regarding government regulations and compliance (CAS and FAR)
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with DCAA and DCMA
- Strong technical knowledge of business processes for government contracting activities, including cost accounting and allocation structures
- Develop and maintain forward pricing rate submittal (FPRP)
- Support proposals, pricing, negotiation strategies and TINA certification
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Other corporate and accounting activities as assigned
- Assignments may require the maintenance of organizational metrics, leading special projects, performing financial accounting functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Woodward's internal control environment, benchmarking and supporting government contract accounting.
- May need working knowledge in taxes, treasury and internal audit.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- Domestic/international travel may be required
- Prefer experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrates commitment to quality and awareness of continuous improvement principles through lean and six sigma tools.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft office suite, financial systems, and general ledger (GL) function. Proficiency in working with GL and Excel are critical.
- Applies sound logic to problem solving, conveying an understanding of the business, the markets in which we operate, and general economic principles.
- Strong attention to details and excellent analytical skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Is tactful in relationships with others.
- Ability to understand and execute planning and forecasting processes.
- Good organizational skills by prioritizing workload to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial tools.
- Proficient knowledge in Cost Accounting Standards (CAS and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS)
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as across domestic and international functions and organizations.
- Strong team contributor. Demonstrates the ability to get along well with others.
Education or Formal Training:
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Minimum 5Â years of related experience
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in ArmsÂ Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S.Â persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR, or possess all required authorizations from the U.S.Â Department of State Department and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S.Â person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, orÂ Refugee.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company's innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JobÂ Financial Analyst/Controller
Primary LocationÂ United States-Michigan-Zeeland
ScheduleÂ FULL TIME
ShiftÂ 1st Shift / Day Job
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer EO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veterans