Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and good knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact. Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management."
Typically 8+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Typically a Bachelors or Advanced Degree required.
Direction of Others:
Typically manages multiple levels of exempt employees and/or supervisors.
Key Working Relationships:
Primarily organizational contacts and external contacts.
* Substantial and extensive experience with planning, management and execution of highly complex material handling systems
* Understanding of the dynamic handling characteristics, constraints and risks associated with the wide range of materials handled within a complex material handling system.
* Knowledge of the constraints and methods for defining and demonstrating equipment, subsystem, and system performance criteria.
* Understanding and knowledge of various controls architectures, related controls levels, and the functionality of controls domains, inclusive of WMS and WCS integration.
* Knowledge and understanding of the responsibilities and impacts of project execution when interfacing with General Contractors, Construction Managers or owners. Planning, Monitoring and Controlling
* Knowledge and ability to identify and develop the proper team skills required for the successful implementation of the various products and subsystems employed in complex systems inclusive of mechanical, controls, software, installation.
* Ability to develop detailed project schedules inclusive of all in-scope engineering, installation, and integration schedule activities as well as explicit and implicate out-of-scope milestones by others (i.e. owners and general contractors) impacting project execution, using MS Project ePM
* Development and execute equipment, subsystem, and system commissioning and integration test plans.
* Ability to develop, define, and execute acceptance test plans inclusive of physical, functional, rate, and availability testing.
* Knowledge of 3rd party procurement including development of RFPs/RFQs, bid review and assessment, and contract award in cooperation with purchasing resources.
* Experience with and execution of general processes associated with change control, approvals, and information exchange involving several stake holders, both internal and external, in particular with a large number of subcontractors.
* Ability to coordinate the execution of activities by internal resources as well as owner/general contractor resources and recognize early and proactively issues that require corrective action and impact on timely execution.
* Ability to cause team and organizational action to mitigate scope, schedule, and cost concerns both internally and with customers.
* Experience with the coordination of on-site activities involving many (sub)contractors vying for the same space and time windows.