Manager in Training – Coopersville, MI
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins' workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
Bekins is looking for a Manager in Training who is excited to find new ways to motivate, measure performance, evaluate, and reward teams. This position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and implement successful management strategies. The Manager in Training will be a highly inventive team player, who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. This is an autonomous role, and you need to be comfortable being independent and making decisions. This position will suit you if you have good interpersonal and presentation skills and want to gain management experience. You need to be self-directed and have organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Focus on learning the Bekins’ Way; gain product knowledge and an understanding of all department areas
- Learn to oversee the operations of a department, including the design of workflow within the department to achieve goals and objectives for accuracy and timeliness
- Learn to manage department personnel – hire, fire, review, train, develop, coach, schedule and hold accountable to job descriptions, policies and procedures. Learn to deliver results through effective personnel management.
- Learn to influence others to move toward a specific goal or objective; effectively build rapport to gain support and commitment for ideas in a timely manner
- Learn to promote customer satisfaction, growth and profitability through increased efficiencies, attention to details, great communication, and organization
- Handle matters expeditiously and proactively; follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes
- Succinctly, accurately and professionally communicate information verbally and in writing
- Ability to assist customers in the store, as needed.
- Demonstrate potential for learning and achievement
- Stable employment history
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with all types and levels of individuals
- Excellent conceptual skills and the ability to see the big picture
- Forward-looking, analytical thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a variety of people including contractors, manufacturing representatives, co-workers, and a sophisticated customer base
- Organization; ability to create structures to support or accomplish a plan
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Time off for major holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.