The Servicing Support Internal Operations Representative will be responsible for supporting internal bank customers regarding support on procedures, products or policies. The OR utilizes the basic proficiencies gained from previous experience within the Customer Engagement Center and/or customer service environment, using this experience as a baseline to expand knowledge on overall mortgage operations including document management and specific business unit processes and procedures. This role will primarily serve as a liaison between the Customer Engagement Center and other business units within the organization, ensuring clear lines of communication and working towards operational improvements.
Additionally, the OR will support external customers regarding questions or issues pertaining to their account (e.g. payment information, online support, payment options, document questions). Through the course of these conversations, the OR will also create detailed documentation to ensure inquiries are resolved in an accurate and timely manner.
* Handle all Mortgage call types, such as Escrow, Payoff, PMI, Heloc, Consumer, Tax, 1098, 1099, Construction
* Support our internal team of Account Executives and Loan officers to escalate and address complex problems that may arise during the lifetime of the loan.
* Use problem solving skills, paired with previous knowledge of Flagstar procedures, to identify and communicate appropriate and accurate solutions to customers
* Perform and explain interest and product-related calculations to internal and external customers
* Escalate issues to management and/or second levels as necessary
* Document case details in a thorough, accurate manner
* Capture complaint and Voice of the Customer feedback
* Document and perform customer account maintenance
* Perform customer call backs to advise of issue resolution
* Meet and exceed customer satisfaction expectations
* Maintain familiarity with systems and applications in order to deliver world-class customer service.
* Manage the eFax and other worklists as assigned by management.
* Complete second level rotations to develop knowledge of sales processes and operations
* Actively participate in monthly performance meetings with the objective to improve and expand upon existing departmental procedures.
* Recognize and communicate the need for potential additions and/or modifications to current policies and procedures
* Provide leadership to others through side-by-side coaching of new hires and existing agents on calls
Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
* HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent required
* 1+ year experience in mortgage industry
* 2+ years customer service experience
* Prior knowledge of call center operations preferred
* Sales experience preferred
* Experience supporting customers through online chat, email & social media platforms in a business environment preferred.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated proficiency in grammar and typing.
* Understanding of MS Office Suite with intermediate technical and computer skills; ability to navigate quickly within various computer programs
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to think quickly under pressure.
* Demonstrated ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
* Ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
* Must be action-oriented with a great sense of customer focus.
* Ability and willingness to work the varying shifts including evenings and weekends.