The Housekeeper/ Laundry Aide will ensure that the facility is clean and sanitized for all while contributing to team efforts and professionally interacting with residents, visitors, and team members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform floor care, including stripping, waxing, buffing, vacuuming, steaming, mopping, and sweeping in assigned areas; resident rooms, bathrooms, utility closets, common area, work stations, medication rooms, and offices.
- Dust horizontal surfaces and fill soap and paper towel dispensers daily
- Collect and transport trash and contaminated waste to main collection receptacles.
- Follow daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Follow Infection Control procedures and standard precautions for cleaning isolation rooms.
- Assist with cleanup of blood spills and bodily fluids in conjunction with licensed nurse direction.
- Clean and organize resident rooms and bathrooms.
- Document room cleans and deep cleans upon completion.
- Use, clean, and store equipment and supplies appropriately and safely to avoid injury.
- Maintain good personal hygiene and adhere to uniform requirements.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services as required.
- Keep the Environmental Services Manager informed of pertinent events or equipment concerns.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Adheres to patient rights and reports suspected deviations to Charge Nurse, Director of Nursing, or Administrator.
- Perform other duties and functions as required.
Mission Point’s Expectations of all Employees:
- Adheres to all Mission Point Policies and Procedures.
- Conducts self in a manner consistent with Mission Point’s Core Values at all times.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all word-related contacts.
- Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains the privacy of all patient information and company proprietary information.
- Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with respect and dignity.
- Able to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must maintain an active license or the required certification(s) (if required by the job).
Education, Training, and Experience:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Previous housekeeping experience in industrial or commercial setting is beneficial
Specific skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Must have knowledge of cleaning devices and chemical cleaning solutions.
- Must be able to compute basic and accurate mathematical equations.
- Communicate effectively with elderly or disabled residents, other employees, and visitors.
- Dependable and work independently as well as under supervision.
Other Special Requirements:
- Tolerate frequent exposure to blood, body tissues, and bodily fluids with occasional exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases, as well as frequent exposure to laundry chemicals, latex, and plastic materials used for personal protective equipment.