Business Development and Sales Manager
Under direction of the General Manager, oversee and lead all Business Development, Marketing, Sales and Sales Staff Functions to Maximize Market Share, Profitability, Operational Efficiency, and Industry Standard Quality. Proactively engage in Company Wide Management of New Business Development, Enhancing/Expanding Existing Business, All Sales Products, New Product Development, Target Marketing, Strategizing, Building Internal and External Procedures facilitating all of the above through the following duties.
NUMBER OF PEOPLE SUPERVISED: 3 – 6 People
The following duties are typical for this position. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Develop, implement and manage Key Performance Indicators, Business Metrics focusing on Sales Goals, Strategies and Measurable objectives for all Nelson Companies
- Oversee, lead, train and assure performance of Sales Staff so all of the above are met or exceeded, develop and maintain new business and expand existing business base for all Nelson Companies
- Create, implement and manage promotions and marketing custom developed for each Marketing Region for each Nelson Company
- Instructionally and with Directive interface with sales staff AL, OR and CAN facilities
- Participate in and lead, when assigned, new and existing product development, enhancement and update
- Supervise Michigan outlet store
- Actively pursue new opportunities to sell all Nelson products across all customer groups i.e.: direct, contractor, forestry, web, retail store, telephone, wholesale, government, etc.
- At a minimum, meet with and report to the General Manager identifying anticipated business threats, goal successes, needed strategy changes, product knowledge learned, new product development progress and other issues influencing ongoing successful business expansion and enhancement.
- Fully utilize existing customer database of past and present customers to develop broad sweeping and product specific sales initiatives and strategies to increase revenue
- Assess present and create ever improving customer service quality standards.
- In conjunction with the Safety Compliance and Quality Control Officer, resolve and create preventative solutions to customer complaints
- Oversee and cause to be created the annual trade show schedule and attend, set up and participate in assorted trade shows as assigned
- Supervise, direct sales staff and participate in the calling on local outside regional customers to generate new business, manage and expand existing business
- Create sales and marketing materials, strategies and methodology, training sales staff in the same
- Develop and update procedure documentation department operations manual for all sales functions
- Provide Backup support for the retail store for breaks, lunches, time off and regular Saturday summer schedule
- Other duties as assigned.
- Telephone manners must be exemplary and positive
- One on one, telephonic, email and social media customer service experience
- Must possess mid-range to advance computer skills and function skills with Excel, Microsoft Business Suite
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Read, write and converse freely in English
- Must keep voicemail and email current with prompt responses and stored for quick retrieval and action tracking
- Must be able to discern colors
- Lift and carry luggage, boxes, equipment, supplies and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to effectively manage, oversee, guide and coach direct reports
- Interface and work cooperatively, with all diverse Nelson staff and Companies
- Use basic math skills.
- Must be self-motivated and reliant
- Must be able to work well with little or no supervision, practicing responsible initiative
- Must be able to travel to customer and business locations by motor vehicle, plane, train or other necessary means for day or overnight trips as and when required. This includes the ability to drive in the dark, during inclement weather, in large cities & on busy multilane highways
- Must possess: valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Must possess: I-9/Homeland Security employment identification documents
- Must be able to cross without restriction between the Canada/U.S.A. boarders
- Work primarily in an office environment
- Sit and Stand for long periods of time
- Talks and listens to others to exchange and obtain information
- Tolerate dust and chemicals present throughout the physical plant and offices
- Attend Trade Shows and travel Out of Town for up to a week at time, representing Nelson Paint Professionally
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
A minimum two year degree in relative fields of study such as Marketing, Communications, Business Management, Graphic Design, Statistics in addition to other training and experience which would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities.