Industrial Vacuum Equipment Technician
Metallurgical High Vacuum
Fennville, MI 49408
Apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time position.
Metallurgical High Vacuum is the premier industrial vacuum equipment repair and service company in the vacuum heat treat industry. We solve problems that keep our customers operating at peak efficiency throughout North America. Our employees work in a technically challenging environment with advanced computerized machine tools. You will receive extensive training and work in a team oriented culture.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Disassembles assigned vacuum equipment.
- Analyses and, in coordination with the Plant Manager, identifies parts and work to be performed to restore equipment to factory condition.
- Cleans and hot tanks parts as directed.
- Repairs and reassembles assigned vacuum equipment.
- Attends on-site service visits to provide preventative maintenance and repairs to vacuum equipment as needed.
- Performs vacuum equipment testing to include Helium leak testing.
- Achieves and maintains certification for forklift and crane operation.
- Acquires commercial driver’s license.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to all safety and other company policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Requires high school diploma.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on projects individually and periodically with small teams.
- Proficiency in English language
- Mechanical aptitude/background (relevant education a substitute for experience)
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Experience in industrial environment.
- Exposure to CNC machining operations.
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Medical insurance
- Company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- 401K, paid personal time off, and paid holidays
Metallurgical High Vacuum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law