The Laborer operates loader, forklifts, bobcat and yard tractor pumps. He climbs silos and tanks, climbs tankers, shovels material, completes daily sanitation, lifts equipment and rolls barrels when needed. Loads and unloads raw materials and finished products. Must be legible and accurate on all documentation.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Unloads raw material. Washes trailers and tankers.
* Climbs silos, tank farm, railcars. Loads finished products.
* Documents all movement and completes accurately.
* Shovels, sweeps and washes plant. Completes needed daily sanitation work.
* Uses wrenches when needed to service and inspect.
* Completes lab testing when needed.
* Follows all Company safety procedures, GMP and guidelines.
* All other duties as assigned by management.
* Must be timely.
* Must be 18 years of age.
* Manufacturing, industrial, or agricultural experience preferred.
* High school diploma or GEDpreferred.
* Experience with truck hydraulics and yard jockey a plus.
* Communicates clearly in verbal and written form.
* Highly organized; superior time management skills. Follows direction
* Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations; adaptable to changing situations.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.
* Able to climb high and tolerate heights.
* Constantly required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
* Occasionally push, pull, up to 100 lbs. with both arms
* Occasionally lift up to 80 lbs. with both arms.
* Frequently lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs.
* Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
* Continually entering and exiting cab of tractor, front end loader, bobcat and forklift.
* Job functions will be carried out at a plant location in an environment of varying temperatures and with possible slippery surfaces.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: HTTP://WWW1.EEOC.GOV/EMPLOYERS/UPLOAD/EEOC_SELF_PRINT_POSTER.PDF