Work with Lead operator and 2nd man down to sort and load scrap plastics onto conveyor belt ensuring all contaminates are identified and removed.
1st Shift (7:00am – 3:30pm); 2nd Shift (3:00pm – 11:30am); 3rd Shift (11pm – 7:30am)
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sort and load scrap plastic onto conveyor belt by type, by observing plastic characteristics.
Remove all plastic that does not meet run orders.
Separate and stack excess large and small skids
Separate and stack excess good and bad boxes.
Communicate team lead about material issues
Participate in cleaning, organizing, and sweeping production work cell, including underneath all machinery and conveyor belts, as well as hilo box banding area.
Utilize and operate hand tools such as grinders, saws-all, and basic hand tools.
Complete all other duties as the Lead Operator and Supervisor deems necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, or an Aptitude and Willingness to Learn or obtain:
-Lock-out training (provided by Bata)
-Confined Space training (provided by Bata)
-Hand Tool training (provided by Bata)
-Plastics 101 (provided by Bata)
-Basic Trouble Shooting
Skills and Abilities:
-Communicate effectively with employees from varied backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
-Ability to perform in a team environment.
-Read, analyze and interpret written documentation, policies, and procedures.
-Ability to listen, comprehend, and facilitate problem resolutions.
-Verbally present information to diverse audiences and respond to questions.
-Build effective working relationships with others.
-Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers.
-Assures quality by producing and expecting accurate and thorough work
-Consistently works to improve self, staff, processes and procedures.
-Demonstrates integrity by being accountable for actions, keeping commitments, and speaking
honestly with others.
-Desires to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations.
-Ability to adjust to changing conditions and situations quickly.
-Reliable to follow through with instructions.
-Dependable with minimal attendance issues.
-Ability to identify problems, draw conclusions and effectively respond to problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolong periods of time; continually use hands to finger, handle, and grab; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb, stoop and crouch; talk; and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job includes the ability to visually identify product not meeting quality standards.
- Use hands to operate equipment, write, finger, handle, feel, reach with both hand and arm. Talk and hear. As needed, walk all areas of the plant from department to department. Physical demands are consistent for those found in a warehouse and production environment.
- Noise level is moderate to heavy and typical of a warehouse and production environment for the Plastics Recycling industry.
- Overtime, which may include weekends, will be required as necessary.
- While performing the duties of the job, employees are exposed to moving mechanical parts, equipment, and machines.