Process Engineer - 13394
This position will report to the Engineering Manager, Mobile Automation in North America and works as part of the Vehicle Mechatronics group to develop automated guided vehicles (AGV) for warehouse environments. Entrepreneurial thinking as well as the ability to control scope, schedule, and processes are the keys to a successful career in this field.
This individual will work closely with a dynamic leadership team including Engineers, Engineering Managers, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners.
The position will support the engineering team in the delivery and execution of committed goals, deliver projects on time, and document and improve processes. Application of Lean thinking and Agile processes to facilitate and drive a team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to deliver increasingly complex vehicles.
AGV technology at KION is based on 35 years of real-world application with over 8,000 AGV’s being provided to customers so far.
* Lead in establishing team processes in project delivery, internal team development, and iterative improvement.
* Assist team in establishing transparent metrics for quality, delivery, and morale.
* Use data to look for trends.
* Develop a strong working relationship with Project Managers and aid in ensuring all work is visible and tracked, lessons learned from project work are implemented, and impediments are raised.
* Assist in in coordinating cross-team efforts for discussion and problem solving.
* Work with the team to identify and implement goals for iterative improvement.
* Promote communication and collaboration within and across engineering teams.
* Work with Engineering Manager and Project Manager to develop and maintain team’s Jira backlog of project work and improvement work.
* Promote a culture of trust, continuous learning, dedication, and collaboration across a geographically diverse team.
* Facilitate industry-standard Agile practices and ceremonies, including the Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, and Retrospectives.
* Bring a positive, engaging energy and an action-oriented mentality to the team.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity