The die washer is responsible for transporting, washing and staging tooling within the facility (primarily tool room). In addition to this primary function the die washers will assist in maintaining tool room organization and cleanliness. Working with tool makers to make repairs to dies is a common occurrence that happens frequently. Logging required documentation as a part of process management is expected by all staff members but often begins and ends with the die washers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Problem solve as required to keep processes moving.
- Help improve processes within the department and or company.
- Accountable for performing assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Utilizes the data collection system to accurately record activities including time spent, work performed and other details pertaining to the task assigned.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate job activities.
- Follows all safety procedures and wears safety equipment or apparel as required.
- Performs all job functions to meet acceptable quality and performance standards.
- Ensures daily that the work area is clean and orderly including machine, tooling and workstation.
- Perform all daily, weekly and monthly tasks as required.
- Understands job description and required tasks.
- Utilizes heavy machinery such as fork trucks and cranes to move large tools in and out of the department safety
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Assist in keeping tool room equipment and work area clean and organized. Lubricating machines daily and identifying equipment problems.
- Operating equipment in a safe manner and promote safety.
- Excellent mechanical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Lifting requirement of 40lbs
- This is a high pace work environment that requires a sharp sense of your surroundings.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time, and cover a lot of ground. In the summer months it does get very hot, and you must keep yourself hydrated.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- GED or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude