Has primary responsibility to perform initial visual quality check on metal stampings, while efficiently packing stampings in appropriate containers in order to ensure a quality product is available to internal and external customers. Performs additional quality checks as necessary, records information in PLEX (ERP - enterprise resource data planning system), and performs general utility work to ensure production schedules are met.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Performs all duties to ensure department and plant meet daily and weekly production requirements.
- References production orders in Plex to weld product per Job Element Sheet (JES).
- Frequently loads, unloads, lifts/moves, pulls/pushes, and/or positions products and materials weighing up to 60 pounds, occasionally weighing more (assistance given with heavier objects by work partner[s]), throughout assigned work center. Press Packing operations involve frequent standing, walking, bending, twisting, turning, and lifting.
- May select proper rack or bin to pack parts and/or store parts for next process.
- Properly packs parts in correct pin/storage container per packaging instructions to meet customer requirements. Ensures proper labeling requirements are followed. Uses personal computer (PC), Plex system, keyboard, and mouse.
- Completes on-line work center and operator inspection sheets to verify process are stable and all visual inspection and gage requirements are being met.
- Visually inspects parts from previous operation per Challenge Manufacturing quality standards to ensure proper form, fit, and function. Ensures customer and Challenge Manufacturing quality standards are met per gage instructions, first piece inspection approval, problem containment processes, quality alerts and other quality standards called out in the Challenge Manufacturing Quality Policy and/or Plex System specific for each work center.
- Ensures and maintains safety and cleanliness of work area by performing housekeeping duties.
- Performs and cross trains on various work centers as required.
- Completes appropriate paperwork and other documentation (hourly count boards).
- Meets daily production requirements.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to read and interpret job element sheets
- Ability to use a variety of gages (functional, go/no go) required
- Ability to use grinders
- PC and keyboard/mouse skills required
- Ability to frequently lift/move material weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work as a contributing member within team environment