Working as a team or as an individual, performs and has primary responsibility for various types of welding center operations in multiple work centers as required, including, but not limited to MIG, spot (resistance), robotic, silicon bronze (MIG), and manual welders, to produce quality parts per the Challenge Manufacturing Quality Standards, production schedule and engineering specifications at the prescribed cycle time (rate). Performs necessary quality checks, records information in PLEX (Enterprise Resource Planning system -ERP), and performs general utility work to meet work schedule.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Frequently loads, unloads, lifts/moves, pulls/pushes, and/or positions products and materials weighing up to 40 pounds, occasionally weighing more (assistance given with heavier objects by work partner[s]), throughout assigned work center. Weld operations involve frequent standing, walking, bending, twisting, turning, and lifting.
- May select proper rack or bin to pack parts and/or store parts for next process.
- Properly packs parts in correct bin/storage container per packaging instructions to meet customer requirements. Ensures proper labeling requirements are followed. Uses computer, Plex system, keyboard, printer and mouse.
- Completes work center and operator inspection sheets to verify processes are stable and all product quality and inspection, including gage checks are being met.
- Visually inspects parts from previous operation per Challenge Manufacturing quality standards to ensure proper form, fit, and function. Ensures customer and Challenge Manufacturing quality standards are met per gage instructions, first piece inspection approval, problem containment processes, quality alerts and other quality standards called out in the Challenge Manufacturing Quality Policy and/or Plex System specific for each work center.
- Monitors material usage and floor stock to ensure accurate inventory. Notified material handler when floor stock or inventory is low to prevent production interruptions.
- Ensures and maintains safety and cleanliness of work area by performing housekeeping duties.
- Cross trains on various work centers as required.
- Completes appropriate paperwork and other documentation (hourly count boards).
- Follow Escalation Process for problem / abnormality notifying
- Meets daily production requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret job element sheets
- Ability to use a variety of gages (functional, go/no go) required
- Ability to use hand tools including, but not limited to; file, hand drill, and disc sander.
- Familiarity with welding processes preferred
- PC and keyboard/mouse skills required
- Ability to frequently lift/move material weighing up to 40 pounds