Director, Transformation - Fire Detection (WD30097756206)
What you will do
Responsible to lead the Fire Detection Transformation and the initiative owners in the delivery of processes and solutions designed to deliver savings to the business. Through matrix management the Transformation leader will lead initiative owners to bring cost savings and services to the internal client, assuring JCI is achieving committed targets. Accountable for establishing program deployment strategy, global budget management and schedule adherence. The position provides implementation and oversight of the major global deployment initiatives deployed within Fire Detection. This leader will engage other functional management to ensure full support and focus on project deliverables.
How you will do it
- Key commitments:
- Deliver in year savings of $24 million.
- Establish additional efficiencies and new growth paths
- VP/EC relationship management - Responsible for weekly updates to key leaders across the business. Must create and communicate progress in away the builds confidence and demonstrates continued progress towards world-class organization.
- Develop and implement full functioning, global PMO as needed: globally consistent methods and tools for project intake, team structure, financial management, status and risk management, project/program reviews, escalation processes, business case development & benefits realization. Develop and institute governance processes across the business.
- Responsible for running the Transformation meetings and preparation for Executive Committee meetings.
- Drive culture/mindset change with respect to project implementation & management, and with adjacent organizations to enhance project success and sustainability.
- Lead the Fire Detection Transformation and manage key leadership relationships to ensure alignment across the enterprise to ensure appropriate planning, execution, visibility, tracking, and governance to enhance implementation success rates.
- Develop and implement balanced scorecard to drive performance baselining and improvement on an ongoing basis
- Perform extensive resource planning/allocation activities in conjunction with ensuring appropriate project financial management for rolling annual project portfolio.
- Responsible for accumulating and disseminating PMO best practices. Drive the use of best practices and applies lessons learned from the Corporate Transformation teams and other key stakeholders.
- Engage globally with the ability to understand and work effectively in a culturally diverse organization.
What we look for
- Bachelor degree in supply chain, business or related discipline, MBA is highly desirable
- EC level interaction on weekly basis. In many cases this positions is viewed as the face of the business, as it has frequent interaction at VP/President level.
- Frequent interaction with key stakeholders. Must be able to build relationships at the senior most level.
- 10 years of experience in business optimization and/ or project management
- Ability to influence across a matrix organization without the benefit of direct reporting relationships
- Candidate must be well organized and capable of managing numerous competing priorities
- Excellent people skills with ability to develop and maintain professional relationships across a matrix, multi-cultural organization
- Strong oral & written English language skills
- Strong capability with standard MS Office tools
- Ability to travel
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.