Job Title: Distribution Associate I (Material Handler)
Department / Division: Logistics / Access Business Group
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this job:
The Logistics Division is responsible for supporting our customers, manufacturing plants, and global affiliates through their warehousing and Service Centers across the United States and Canada. They support all aspects of our business throughout the supply chain, including the final orders to our customers. Their motto is “Perfect Orders Every Time,” and they strive to exceed their customers’ expectations through a flexible and agile workforce. The Midwest Regional Service Center (MWRSC) is our largest facility, is based in Ada, Michigan, and provides pick, pack, and ship services to local Amway Business Owners, as well as domestic and international warehousing. As a Distribution Associate on the team, you will ensure that product is properly received and that orders are accurately picked, packed, and shipped out to our customers. Various shifts available on 3rd, 2nd, and weekend shifts.
How you would contribute to the role:
You will have multiple responsibilities and variety in this role. This will include timely and accurate receiving, processing, and verifying of incoming shipments to ensure stock is received and replenished. You will also pick, pack, and ship orders to customers, confirming shipment counts with packing slips and purchase order numbers. You will be responsible for warehouse inbound and outbound orders on-site and across the globe. You will be operating a Hilo to load and unload trucks, as well as store and move materials. You will also assemble product kits and process returns. This position will require employees to be available Monday through Sunday, with the department determining which days will comprise the work week based upon scheduling demands.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- High school diploma
- Prior experience in a warehouse environment involving merchandise handling. 1 to 3 years is preferred
- Ability to interface with customers and provide excellent customer service
- Basic computer skills to include inputting, retrieving, and analyzing data input into various warehouse programs and applications. Prior experience working with Red Prairie and/or JD Edwards Software is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, ability to problem solve, ability to take initiative, and desire to develop and lead people is preferred
- Ability to operate a stand up and sit-down Hilo
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment and tools in a safe manner. This may include a pallet jack, utility knife, and shrink wrap machine.
- The ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs frequently
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our web site to apply: www.amway.jobs.