Job Title: Quality Manager
Join the family... that's how we feel about the Trendway team. We have been creating beautiful workspaces for over 50 years. We take pride in building beautiful products that create better places for people to work and enjoy. We’re committed to delivering them in a better way – with remarkable quality, speed and ease.
This position is responsible for developing, leading and training effective and sustainable Quality Control processes for the overall quality of products released by Trendway. Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively to facilitate quality improvements. Must have an understanding of the principles of Lean and Continuous Improvement and actively seek and implement solutions to help improve quality within the organization. Will support Trendway’s mission to make speed and ease the defining experience in delivery of quality furniture to its dealers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain Trendway’s quality standards, specifications and procedures
- Review processes and systems on an ongoing basis to determine where improvements can be made
- Implement and maintain NCMR and CAR process with Suppliers
- Develop, train, promote and support Quality, ISO-9001 Standards/Policies and ensure adherence to established requirements
- Effectively communicate metrics and goals to all levels of the business as they apply to Quality including RMA, CAR and Effectivity
- Manages all ISO requirements including all Audits (internal/external), Calibration, Documentation, CAPA, and training to ensure compliance
- Create, develop, implement and train on SOP, WI, forms and process improvement related documents ensuring compliance
- Collaborates with other members of Management in development of new products, identifying appropriate quality control specifications, testing where appropriate for final product acceptance
- Supports and follows all company safety policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree preferred; manufacturing management experience, preferably working with Quality programs.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, ability to effectively communicate, influence, and manage change.
- Strategic assessment capabilities as well as a vision for developing and leading Quality across Trendway.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to read blue prints and use precision measuring tools
- The capability to influence key stakeholders including senior management.
- Must have the capacity to operate independently and as part of a collaborative team. Demonstrated success in a lead role in a high-growth organization and in providing strategic insight for organization-wide deployment plans.
- Proficient in computer technology and systems
- Thorough understanding of process improvement methodologies and tools, both in applying “hands on” with work groups and teams, as well as ability to train/coach others in their application.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance or stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This job requires close vision, the ability to correctly see color, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is moderately noisy to loud, depending upon the area in which you are working. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and cold depending upon weather conditions.
Trendway Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity