To work on the distribution team to fulfill customer orders with quality, accuracy, and efficiency. Assist in selecting orders on the night shift. Use a riding double pallet jack (powered-equipment) daily to pick up empty pallets on which orders will be stacked, separated, and dropped off at the proper bay door.
- Select items and prepare them for shipment,
- Use warehouse equipment (including a riding double pallet jack). This includes a daily inspection of the equipment to be used.
- Read selection labels to identify slot location, product description and quantity required for each order.
- Pull correct quantities of designated full-case product from the slot location and lift onto a pallet.
- Keep orders clearly separated and labeled within each pallet.
- Stack product to ensure it is not damaged in any way during transportation by hand, forklift, pallet jack, tractor/trailer or hand truck.
- Use plastic wrap to secure heavy and/or tall pallets.
- Handle all product so as not to injure teammates or damage the product, the tote or other product.
- Continually meet assigned production standards.
- Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and damages.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head continuously for a period of three hours or more.
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Filling requisitions of stock items and distributes items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Plug in Riding Double Pallet Jack to be charged after each use.
- Notify management of any hazardous conditions as soon as possible.
- Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Be energetic with a positive outlook with a can-do attitude.
- Have strong customer service and good communication
- Be able to pick up to 50lbs consistently
- Be well organized, trustworthy, and reliable.
- Good attendance and self-motivation
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
This job operates in a warehouse setting. The facility is not mechanically temperature controlled. The floor surface is concrete and wood. The noise level is moderate with no vibration. The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center; material movement takes place throughout the facility. This position requires the teammate to work inside the majority of the time. This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates. Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to grab, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to (50) fifty pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to (60) sixty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than (80) eighty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Positions are on 2nd (night) shift; Sunday –Thursday 3pm-1am or until done. The individual will work a 4 day work week (one day off between Sunday – Thursday), days of work may vary dependent on distribution demands. Hours listed are general hours and may be altered as needed. Additional hours may be required to fulfill job duties and position expectations.
No travel is expected for this position
Education and Experience
- Have Current Riding Double Pallet Jack Certification – or be willing to obtain one
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Three months or more related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have experience in team work and leadership.