About the Position
The Forklift Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of Powered Industrial Equipment. The Forklift Operator is responsible for utilizing the lift equipment to move, load, unload, and stack products in preparation for shipping and receiving demands to meet customer needs.
- Safely operate Powered Industrial equipment to move products or materials for distribution such as reach, slip sheet and push/pull equipment.
- Load, unload, and store products and/or materials
- Stack and/or transport materials and products to designated areas.
- Use equipment to scan product and print labels.
- Complete paperwork and operate inventory management systems as needed.
- Ensure product rotation procedures are followed.
- Complete cycle count as required
- Perform daily safely inspections per the Safety Checklist on forklift trucks
- Ensure facility is inspection ready at all times for SQFI, FDA, and customer needs.
- Communicate and report any incidents to supervisor.
- May perform housekeeping duties
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- Minimum one year prior forklift operating experience. Must be a licensed forklift operator or be able to obtain a Forklift Operator license.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Pass Background and Drug screen
- Basic computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with other to meet shared objectives.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Situational Adaptability – Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.