Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Time Off
Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
The primary purpose of your position is to provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc. in an informative and descriptive manner. (Use only authorized abbreviations established by this facility when recording information.
- Report all changes in the resident’s condition to the Charge Nurse as soon as practical.
- Report all accidents/incidents you observe.
- Ensure that the residents room is ready for receiving the resident (i.e., bed made, name tags up, admission kit available, etc.)
- Make resident comfortable. Greet and introduce resident to roommate.
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures, and as instructed by your supervisors.
- Assist resident with daily care functions as necessary. (i.e., dental/mouth care, dressing/undressing, bath functions (bed bath, tub/shower), hair and nail care, etc.)
- Change bed linens. Keep linens tight to avoid wrinkles from forming under the resident.
- Keep residents dry (i.e., change gown, clothing, linens, etc., when it becomes wet or soiled.)
- Make beds (occupied and unoccupied).
- Assist resident with bowel and bladder functions (i.e., take to bathroom, offer bedpan/urinal, portable commode, etc.)
- Collect specimens as instructed (i.e., urine, sputum, stools, etc.)
- Assist residents in preparing for medical test, physical exams, activities, meals/snacks and/or social programs.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Observe and report the presence of pressure areas and skin breakdowns to prevent ulcers.
- Attend and participate in appropriate in-service training programs and educational classes.
- Follow established safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all residents care information including protected health information. Report known or suspected incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information.
- Demonstrates active listening techniques.
- Gains support through effective relationships.
- Treats others with respect and dignity.
- Seeks feedback.
- Creates and maintains reporting mechanisms.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies, under all conditions and circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel and visitors.