Provides support to bed crews to produce high quality, finished products. Assists in the production of precast products and forms by performing a variety of duties.
No Direct/Indirect Reports
No Budget Accountabilities
Education or Equivalent:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work Experience Needed:
Entry level - 1-2 years experience
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
- Basic Math/Algebra Skills
- Ability to read a tape measure within 16ths of an inch.
- General construction knowledge.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
This position performs in a variety of production departments. Duties may vary according to Specialty, PCE or Fabrication/Welding.
- Assists in stripping, changeover, and set-up of forms for different products as required.
- Assist in the layout of dunnage on trailers for placement of finished product for shipping.
- Assist with the layout and set-up of precast production beds and product forms.
- Pull strand and assist with the tensioning process.
- Assist with the install of plates, rebar and wire, insulation, lifters, blockouts, reveals and anchors. Also assist with tying rebar, grinding, buffing and cutting wire. Additional Utility duties will include pulling steps and jumping bases.
- Assist in concrete pouring and screeding.
- Assist with the calking process where needed.
- Operate battery powered and other small hand tools.
- Follows directions which may include multiple steps to complete task.
- Maintains clean work area, machines, tools, and equipment. Performs other routine duties.
- Must adhere to all Kerkstra Precast and MiOSHA safety rules.
- Must work within the attendance policy guidelines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee frequently grasps, pulls and pushes 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment can vary by season hot in the summer, cool in the winter. The environment is dusty with many moving pieces of equipment. The environment is noisy and requires employees to wear hearing protection. The employees is required to wear hard hats, safety glasses, ear protection, gloves, and steel toe work boots. When in the yard, employee must wear a safety vest or reflective gear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.