The purpose of this position is to sets up, operate, and trouble shoots basic operating problems on computer-controlled inserters and related equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinates with Supervisor to receive machine and job assignments and to review job instructions.
• Receives and completes daily production schedules.
• Enter job processing information into corporate MIS system for production records.
• Starts, shuts down, and does routine troubleshooting of inserter properly.
• Understands job orders for quantities, and materials, proper assembly of packages.
• Follow supplied instructions (mail envelopes, remits, additional inserts, and postage rate mail is metered at).
• Maintains acceptable production standards (quality and productivity).
• Performs routine cleaning of assigned equipment and surrounding area.
• Verify correct stock components are being utilized.
• Quality check inserted mail during the traying process.
• Balance each tray of mail prior to placing it on the pallet
• Knowledge of USPS regulations and mailing standards.
• Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
• Comply with safety policies and procedures.
• All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• HS diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to solve mechanical problems, interpret instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form.
• Computer literate, able to work with basic Windows computer application (startup, shutdown, point & click, read and understand graphs and data presented on screen.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
The work is both physically and mentally demanding. This employee is expected to be on their feet much of the time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds with assistance. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, smell, and hearing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to warehouse equipment, dust, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, hazardous materials, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.