Under the overall direction of the Laboratory Director and the Laboratory Medical Director, the Clinical Laboratory Assistant is responsible for the performance of phlebotomy procedures, processing of all lab specimens, routine clerical duties and cleaning of laboratory equipment.
Hours may be adjusted in response to workload demands. Low census may be utilized in accordance with hospital policy.
- High school diploma or GED
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred
- Previous medical laboratory experience
- Familiarity with medical/laboratory terminology
- Must be able to read and write the English language
- Good math skills
- Able to accurately type 30 WPM
- Able to operate or learn to operate all standard office equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to develop working relationships with peers, patients, families, physicians, and all other external and hospital support personnel
- Organized and efficient
Application Period: July 29, 2020 through August 4, 2020