Metro Health seeking Phlebotomist
Metro Health is looking for a dynamic individual to join our Laboratory team. This individual will have completed at least 150 blood draws after completing a phlebotomy training course. This position is an integral part of our team and ensures that we receive proper samples/specimens that will be used to determine patient diagnosis and/or progress. The chosen individual will have strong follow through, an excellent customer service record, and be able to build rapport with guests quickly.
Obtains accession, prepare, and distributes laboratory specimens for testing. This position will perform a limited number of point of care tests.
- Minimum of High School Diploma, 1-2 years college (pre-med or pre-med tech) is desirable.
- Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant training/ experience preferred.
- Certification is preferred, after one year of experience with ASCP, ASPT, NCA, and AMT
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform correct venipuncture technique on inpatient and outpatients using appropriate equipment.
- Must obtain non-blood specimens (stool, urinalysis, sputum, etc) when necessary.
- Obtains Blood Culture specimens when necessary following procedure as outlined.
- Obtains outpatient newborn screen specimens when necessary following procedure on back of card.
- Follows patient identification policies as written.
- Monitors barcode and accession printers regularly and removes and sorts order (labels). Matches order to correct specimens.
- Performs other duties as assigned or necessary.
Phlebotomist - Laboratory * Shift Varies - 20 hrs/wk
Requisition #: req2489
FTE status: 0.5