Simonds International in Big Rapids is look to hire two Machine Operators. These are temporary positions with the potential to become full-time, permanent positions.
- Machine operators will train on a variety of machines. These employees move steel blades all shift. Grinding, edging, heat treating, milling, and some other custom machinery.
- Employee would train for 2 weeks on day shift with one of our employees, and then be moved to their respective shift (2nd shift).
- Over time will be as needed – we have been working 6 days a week at the moment – overtime during the week can be normal (over 8 hour shifts).
- Hot environment – dirty – parts can be heavy and sharp.
- Hi-lo experience is a must – each employee will be tested and given a Simonds hi-lo permit by our certified trainer – each employee moves their own stock during their shift.
- Must be a team player and attention to detail is a must.
There may be a chance for these positions to become permanent with Simonds International.