SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. Weâ€™re always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
A day in the life of the BI & Applications Operations Manager is never the same but, in this role, you will be tasked with managing demand intake, resource planning, budget management and delivery process improvement. This position provides support to applications and business intelligence delivery teams by coordinating the intake of new projects and services requests, and concurrently driving resource alignment through a robust resource planning structure. A key success indicator for this position is the ability to work with different stakeholders to drive ongoing improvement in the delivery process, building efficiency and effectiveness KPIs to track ongoing process change. The Applications and BI Operations Manager has fiscal responsibility for the overall Applications and BI team budget. This individual will need to work closely with the head of the IT Applications and BI organization to build budgets, drive clarity of spend against budget and identify opportunities for cost reduction.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Work closely with the Enterprise PMO (EPMO), Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure, Security, and other delivery functions to ensure alignment of the demand intake process. Ensure new demand from business or other IT functions are added to the demand pipeline with adequate input from the delivery organization and alignment with IT business partners.
- Ongoing alignment with Enterprise PMO on the project pipeline and delivery process, ensuring changes introduced by the EPMO are effectively incorporated into the Applications and BI delivery structure. Manage communications and update of process changes to the Applications and BI organization. Ensure processes and changes are understood and adopted by the organization.
- Develop and manage a resource planning structure and process with the Applications and BI delivery team leaders that provides insight into current loading of delivery teams as well as forward projection of resource availability.
- Drive efficiency in the delivery process through ongoing process improvement. Identify opportunities where processes can be simplified and leaned out or where redesign is necessary.
Develop delivery metrics that measures the efficiency and effectiveness of delivery. Build a process for ongoing measurement of capability and drive strategies for improvement to KPIs.
Manage reporting and analysis of the Applications and BI teamâ€™s project portfolio and project loading. Provide regular reports and insights to the Applications and BI organization with tools such as the project Kanban and project profiling.
- Work with the head of the Applications and BI organization to build a comprehensive annual budget.
- Manage operating expenses budget and ensure that spend requests are within budget.
Analyze the spend actuals and provide insights and recommendation for actions that ensures the team meets budgetary and fiscal goals for the year.
- Provide periodic analysis of project spend and conformance of project managers to budget tracking and accrual of spend.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred) Information Systems or related business degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Five years of experience as an IT professional with at least 2 years relevant experience (two budget cycles) in IT budgetary management.
- Experience with resource management and resource planning.
- Two (2) years minimum Supervisory Experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Able to communicate change and drive adoption of process change.
- Ability to lead and coach others in defining practical and executable processes.
The candidate should ideally have certification and experience in process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma or Lean.
- Understanding of all phases of the application life cycle and solution delivery processes.
Knowledge of budgeting process and how IT capital and expense budgets operate.
Resource planning knowledge and how to apply planning at different horizons â€“ long term planning view versus short term schedule.
- The ability to think analytically and solve problems with experience in applying complex requirements.
- Process-oriented with sound judgment, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through including the flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of financial principles, practices, and procedures
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.