SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. Weâ€™re always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
A day in the life of a Reporting and Compliance Analyst is never the same but, in this role, you can expect to prepare consolidated financial statements, financial reports for the Board of Directors, SEC filings, and other analysis as requested by management with limited supervision. Researches accounting and SEC issues to ensure proper reporting and disclosure. Participates in Sarbanes-Oxley 404 testing.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare and review consolidated financial statements, including the basic statements and footnotes, and maintain the related accounting records and supporting schedules.
- Analyze financial statement results, report on changes in financial position/budget variances, and provide analyses and explanations on such, both through independent research and through coordination with other individuals and segments for explanations.
- Leads the preparation of SEC filings, such as 8-Ks, 10-Qs, 10-Ks, etc. including the preparation and review of XBRL tags to ensure compliance with SEC reporting requirements.
- Researches accounting and SEC issues to ensure proper application of accounting principles and regulatory compliance.
- Works with financial systems to develop and maintain financial reporting templates using applicable software.
- Assists with the preparation of internal reports and supporting documentation during the quarterly and annual reporting cycles to ensure efficient and accurate financial reporting.
- Assist with the development of plans for implementation of all relevant accounting standards.
- Leads the preparation of quarterly financial reports for the Board of Directors.
- Prepares employee benefit plan financial statements.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Sound like you? Here's what you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree (Required) Accounting/Finance or related field. MBA preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (Required)
- Four (4) Years working with large public accounting firm with significant involvement in the SEC reporting process for publicly traded clients.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP and SEC regulations and strong technical research ability.
Knowledge, Skills Abilities
Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Experience with Active Disclosure SEC reporting tool desirable. Experience researching complex accounting issues and documenting basis for conclusion. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with long hours during quarterly reporting cycles. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational, prioritization, analytical, multi-tasking and attention to detail skills required.
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.