- Establish work standards through accepted time and motion techniques and maintain the work measurement system.
- Analysis of methods and manufacturing processes for improvement, simplification, revision, cost reduction and utilizing Kaizen.
- Audit current standards for changes and improvements in manufacturing processes and to insure a fair and equitable work measurement process.
- Identifies/leads projects which impact operation costs that exceed the minimum economic value required.
- Prepares detailed plans to track project performance and assure timely completion and achievement of quality and savings goals.
- Participate in project progress reviews with Master Black Belts, Champions and other leadership level
- Gather, compile and analyze data and information on manufacturing operations and conduct special studies and projects as directed by the Continuous Improvement Manager.
- Identifies barriers to project success and solicits help from champions when needed.
- Documents improvement process learning and shares best practices with Black Belts.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Continuous Improvement Manager
- Safety: Study, institute and maintain efficient and safe work practices, procedures, facilities; by coordinating with the Human Relations Department and Manufacturing Engineering Department and keep them abreast of all safety and efficiency requirements to maintain an accident-free, high efficiency plant operation
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related field. Non-degree candidates may be considered based on experience working in a manufacturing environment as a Continuous Improvement Engineer and willingness to complete education requirements
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints and procedure manuals. Candidate has the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Candidate has the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Candidate has the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs. Candidate has the ability to create visual aids for communication purposes.
- Strong time management skills and customer focus
- Analytical problem-solving skills to determine root cause of issues.
- 3-5 years previous relevant work experience is required, preferably within the automotive industry.
- Minimum two years of experience in Six Sigma or related discipline
- Possess competency in most statistical tools and has the ability to apply statistics to process and product improvement projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and demonstrated ability to Mentor others to these concepts.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and trouble shooting skills
- Excellent and effective communication skills. Ability to talk technically about the process and products to ensure the right information is communicated.
Adient is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email email@example.com.