Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are seeking a skilled and collaborative leader with significant experience to join the U.S. Operations Finance team as the U.S. Standard Cost Manager. In this key management position, you will be responsible for the standard cost development, maintenance and reporting process, variance analysis and reporting and cost accounting month-end activities for the manufacturing operations. This position will provide direction and oversight to finance teams globally regarding standard cost and have specific management responsibility for the U.S. Cost Accounting team while ensuring adherence to internal accounting policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).Responsibilities:
- Manage the execution and accuracy of the daily, quarterly and annual cost roll process for the U.S. Plants
- Manage the period, quarter and year-end activities relating to standard cost and variances, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and reporting and analysis on metrics and tracking of major cost drivers
- Manage the standard cost development process for the annual budget, quarterly forecast and long-range planning processes, as well as, support ad hoc analysis requirements.
- Provide direction and support with acquisitions and SAP implementations on material/production master data set-up, product cost development and standard cost/variances definition and reporting.
- Partner with internal customers to continuously improve processes that allow focus on actionable data points, speed to results and ultimately increased gross profit.
- Provide supervision of staff which includes hiring, training, performance management, mentoring and professional development.
- Proven experience in driving process improvement
- Strong analytical skills with ability to summarize data, provide appropriate review of details and challenge to results as necessary to drive accuracy and consistency of reporting
- Demonstrated leadership and history of driving change and making a difference
- Ability to lead, motivate and support cost accounting team
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- CPA and/or MBA is a plus
- These skills are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelors degree within Accounting or a related field; combined with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.