The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot, and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or spool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
Sets up and operates a production machine per established procedures and guidelines. reads and interprets diagrams to select, position, and secure machinery. Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and promptly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work, and adheres to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Performs necessary pre-operation quality check activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment.
- Fix machines and frequent checks for wire breaks and spool changes.
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops. (Must be able to follow the break time schedules.)
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high-quality levels with minimum wasted time and materials.
- Safety glasses, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes are always worn while on the production floor. All scrap materials must be properly maintained, and the production floor is swept clean at the end of a shift.
- Knowledge of production procedures
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on a team
- Handle heavy equipment
- Work independently and multitask
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Could be required to stans and.or walk for long periods daily while frequently bending, twisting, stooping, and reaching. Could be required to periodically lift to 50 lbs.
Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the ob.
- Work under the immediate supervision of Shift Lead/Supervisor. reports to the Plant Operations Manager.