POSITION SUMMARY: Provides exceptional customer service to internal and/or external customers, including retailers and business partners. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: providing standard information, completing forms, determining status of claims based on plan guidelines and meeting or exceeding department metrics for call handling, productivity and quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Assists consumers by providing highest level of customer service; remains professional and polite at all times.
Responds to standard questions and concerns in a timely manner from consumers requesting status updates; completes follow-up requests to ensure customer satisfaction; communicates in a clear and educated manner.
Reviews protection plans, service requests and technician reports to confirm accurate plan coverage; determines appropriate next steps for claim resolution.
Contacts retailers, technicians and customers to obtain all relative information regarding the claim.
Processes routine or standard claims based on documentation and categorization of claims; informs customer of results and closes out claim as appropriate.
Negotiates options for settlement and buy-backs within cost guidelines and price limits.
Diffuses escalated consumer situations with empathy; provides relevant education on protection plans and claims process; resolves issues regarding claims.
Aids internal and external customers during claim and general call center process; forwards call and relevant information to other team members, departments or management as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-year minimum customer service experience in a call center environment is preferred;
- Office or customer service experience is preferred;
- High school graduate or equivalent education is required;
- Post-secondary education is preferred.
- Mastery of the English language (both written and verbal);
- Professional telephone etiquette;
- Ability to read and interpret information;
- Proficient computer and data entry skills; comprehensive knowledge of computer operations, including software and web-based programs; Applix; Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Ability to solve problems; diffuse escalated customer situations; excellent decision-making and negotiation skills;
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic, time management and interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others;
- Ability to operate dual screens and multitask; detail-oriented; follows instructions;
- Knowledge and understanding of department metrics for call handling, productivity and quality;
- Willingness to learn; flexibility to adapt to changes;
- Maintain professional appearance and provide positive company image.
Professional office and call center environment.
Positions in this class typically require: typing, talking, writing, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.