The Personal Banker II position will provide an exceptional customer experience by building and maintaining long lasting relationships with existing and prospective customers. Helping customers to understand and address their financial needs, the banker will provide solutions that span across the customer's lifecycle by utilizing our consultative sales and service process.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a memorable customer experience by proactively building, maintaining, and growing relationships in a assigned book of business through various communication channels.
- Use of a consultative approach with current or prospective customers to uncover and identify their needs while tailoring recommendations/solutions.
- Maintain a well-developed, working knowledge of products, services, and processes offered.
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to ensure customer's needs are met.
- Analyze customer credit data and other related financial information to ensure customers are in the appropriate solutions that align with their needs.
- Follow the Bancorp Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other related policies, modeling the ethical behavior expected from every employee within the Bancorp.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma/GED and 1 year customer service experience, or college degree or equivalent military experience.
- Experience in a sales environment required; experience in financial industry a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop comfort level with both new household acquisitions and deepening customer relationships.
- Ability to professionally represent Fifth Third Bank in verbal and written communication.
- Capable of analyzing credit and financial information.
- Exhibits business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability in making sound decisions.
- This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). The NMLS web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Normal office environment
- Extended viewing of computer screens
- Periodic travel within the Bancorp footprint to attend meetings and/or training