When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our family, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for a Supply Chain Commodity Manager II ~ Holland, MI to join our team in Holland MI - HQ.
As a Supply Chain Commodity Manager II ~ Holland, MI, you will:
Develop supply chain sourcing strategy and manage supplier alliances for multiple major commodities, including supplier evaluation and selection, contract negotiation, and ongoing supplier performance and relationship management. Manage global cross-functional supply chain cost reduction projects for assigned major commodities. Serve as subject matter expert for all commercial negotiations associated with commodities of responsibility.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management with 8 years Supply Chain experience, including 4 years specific commodity management experience and 2 years supervisory experience OR 16 years Supply Chain experience, including 4 years specific commodity management experience and 2 years supervisory experience
- Global sourcing experience required
- Experience with project management scheduling and tracking systems
- Experience within Operations or Manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to lifts parts, materials, and/or products weighing up to 50 pounds to perform supplier profile analysis
- Ability to transport self for interplant and supplier visits
- Ability to occasionally travel overnight away from corporate offices, including internationally; however, may involve extended overseas trips
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Masters degree in Business or Supply Chain Management
- SAP experience
- Previous Haworth experience
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Working knowledge of supply chain cost analysis and target costing techniques
- Possesses financial acumen, i.e., Total Cost of Ownership, Working Capital, and Payback Analysis
- Working familiarity with Lean Manufacturing Principles, Statistical Process Control methodology, and VAVE
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong project and relationship management, interpersonal, and team building skills
- Ability to lead, coach, and mentor members to produce high performing teams
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Haworth's AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at email@example.com or (616)-393-1600.
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids
Job Segment: Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain, Supply, ERP, Manager, Operations, Technology, Management
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicantâ€™s race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.