Founded in 1972, Skytron is a family-owned private healthcare efficiency company committed to providing the acute care market with innovative and flexible solutions. Skytron prides themselves on the family-feel atmosphere you experience the moment you walk in the door. We know the overall success stems from investing in our employees and their efforts so we strive to provide opportunities for employees to learn, grow, and thrive!
Skytron provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that helps employees and their families lead healthy, productive, and balanced lives. Our benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with a company match, a profit sharing retirement plan, 10 paid holidays, vacation and personal time off, education reimbursement, a wellness program, and a company gym.
Summary: The Credit Analyst reports directly to the Credit Manager. This individual is responsible for analyzing and evaluating the degree of financial risk of credit sales to customers. This position manages and controls the credit status of customer accounts from order entry through final payment, allowing the maximum number of orders to flow through without interruption, while safeguarding and maximizing the return on our investment in Accounts Receivable. Through communication with customers, authorized representatives, credit associations, and employees; the Credit Analyst resolves barriers to prompt payment and reduces days sales outstanding. This individual also prepares reports with credit information for use in decision making and performs additional administrative duties as needed.
- Analyzes, creates and maintains customer account records. Reviews account applications, quotes, purchase orders, and tax exempt certificates. Determines credit-worthiness by reviewing credit reports, trade and bank references, financial statements, authorized representative input and online research.
- Documents and archives all new account information and changes to records.
- Prepares for customer contact by reviewing pertinent documents (e.g. billings, purchase orders, quotes, GPO/IDN contracts, contractor documents, lien and bond documents, insurance requirements, credit reports, ERP system notes, payment history, proof of delivery, and spreadsheets to audit/summarize PO lifecycle).
- Communicates with customers and authorized representatives both verbally and in writing to expedite timely payment, resolve disputes and other barriers to payment and negotiate payment plans.
- Acts as a liaison between customers, authorized representatives and employees.
- Escalates, informs and involves additional stakeholders to resolve problems as necessary.
- Assists with various administrative duties such as reviewing daily billings for accuracy, processing adjustments and refund requests and contractor billing packets.
- Maintains tax exempt files and participates in periodic meetings.
- Promptly documents collection activities and prepares monthly reports.
- Reviews cash postings and resolves payment discrepancies, including customer short-payments (e.g. freight, tax, handling charges, labor/install), and overpayments (e.g. prepayments, overpayments, duplicate payments).
- Customer Focus:Gives customers' internal/external needs priority and responds quickly to customer concerns. Demonstrates a desire to assist others, promotes positive behavior to internal/external customers. Eliminates systems/bureaucratic barriers to deliver exceptional service.
- Interpersonal Communication: Listens to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing, and providing relevant information to management, co-workers, and customers. Makes a conscious effort to give explicit instructions or answers; seeks understanding; encourages feedback and listens carefully to others. Maintains good relationships, gets along with fellow employees, respects the rights of other employees and shows a cooperative spirit.
- Problem Solving:Devises workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions. Addresses the cause of the problems, modifies systems, processes or work instructions to rectify. Seeks relevant information and answers to key questions from several sources.
- Quality of Work: Verifies work to ensure accurate results; requires minimal rework. Follows work instructions, procedures, and company policies. Meets productivity standards, deadlines and project schedules. Handles high volume of workload.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or similar discipline.
- Basic knowledge of economics, finance, accounting, sales and marketing is helpful.
- Four (4) years’ experience in commercial credit work or equivalent, including the completion of credit investigations, familiarity with credit sources, analysis of financial statements, and credit / collections procedures and correspondence.
- Economics, accounting, mathematics, English language, customer and personal service, and clerical duties.
- IFS / ERP systems, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.