We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients "Ask for Mary," they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Under minimal supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides high-level coordination / administrative support to the hospital clinical operations, with the utmost urgency and confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assures smooth operations and support of the Executive Suite exercising independent judgment and discretion.
* Monitor and maintain executive calendar. Schedule appointments and keep executive informed of all changes/modifications.
* Screens calls using exemplar customer service.
* Organizes travel arrangements
* Prepares accurate reports and timely record keeping.
* Contributes to training and supervising other support staff.
* Monitors work load, priorities, deadlines, and keeps them on task to successfully support the Senior Leader.
* Communicate agenda items and provides materials as needed
* Maintain acute awareness of executive responsibilities and offers assistance to departments who report up to the Senior Leader.
* Organizes consultant visits and meeting agendas.
* Maintains contracts.
* Highly involved in accreditation preparation for Joint Commission, CARF, and other applicable accreditation bodies.
* Maintain agenda and minutes for hospital and network committees as assigned.
* Independently compose/develop routine memos, correspondence, agendas, reports, and written materials to communicate plans and programs
* Coordinate and monitor monthly spending against department budgets, including approval of accounts payable and reconciliation of department credit cards.
* Continually review and revise department documents in compliance with hospital policies
* Coordinate annual performance evaluation process and gather documents.
* Provides mentoring and precepting of new administrative assistants
* Seek continual opportunities for professional development and continuing education
* Plan and direct all general administrative responsibilities, including but not limited to:
* Contributes to event planning and arrangements for outside organizations.
* Provides project coordination and record keeping.
* A wide variety of administrative tasks involving the simple and very complex, having a breadth of organizational impact, security, and confidentiality
* Collaborate and participate in departmental/programmatic meetings and disseminate information
* Manage employee time/vacation schedules and approval process for employees who report directly to the Senior Leader.
* Represents the Executive Suite in the placing, receiving, and directing phone calls, messages, information to callers, or referral to others. Greets visitors for assigned departments.
* Maintain acute awareness of hospital and corporate issues involving the Executive Management, and maintain administrative records and files, securely, as appropriate.
* Assist patients, employees, and visitors, take appropriate action, or refer individuals to the appropriate personnel.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS):
* Associate Degree or higher.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to shift priorities
* Ability to type 50 words per minute, take accurate minutes of meetings
* Competent language and grammar skills with the ability to compose, edit, and proof business letters
. See job URL for more information and EOE statement.
For more details go to URL