Job Title: Group Leader - West Plant
Join the family... that's how we feel about the Trendway team. We have been creating beautiful workspaces for over 50 years. We take pride in building beautiful products that create better places for people to work and enjoy. We’re committed to delivering them in a better way – with remarkable quality, speed and ease.
Currently we are looking for individuals interested in joining our 1st shift Manufacturing Team that is now working a 4-10 schedule! Enjoy a 4 day work week and 3 day weekend!
Accountable to provide team leadership and job skill training to multiple manufacturing areas to ensure customer orders are on-time, complete and correct everyday in a safe, respectful, responsive and reliable manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily production/shipping schedules are completed on-time and correct.
- Knowledgeable of departmental processes and capable of working on the line as needed.
- Works with the Manufacturing Manager to ensure effective employee relations and resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Assists the Manufacturing Manager with completion of performance reviews and feedback.
- To act as a mentor to all team members & represent the department as a CI/Quality Agent.
- Leads and supports continuous improvement processes within the department to ensure production and quality efficiencies are sustained.
- Responsible for collecting production data and reviewing it with the CI/Operations Support.
- Responsible for conducting/participating in daily management board reviews, HR x HR chart reviews, etc
- Communicates departmental goals and performance measurement results to team members at daily huddles.
- Implements and adheres to ‘6S’ standards to ensure a safe and healthful work environment is maintained.
- Assists in coaching direct reports regarding departmental processes in order to ensure operational efficiencies are achieved and a learning environment is sustained.
- Balances Safety, Quality, Schedule, and Cost to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Ensures adherence to corporate quality and established ISO process standards.
- Responsible for job rotation and line balancing schedules.
- Assists in selecting and coaching employees.
- Recommends overtime and temporary labor requirements to effectively utilize resources.
- Ensures material cycle counting and adjustments are properly made to maintain expected accuracy.
- May assist with timely administrative duties as required; labor reports, inventory counts, employee performance reviews, attendance records, CAR responses, time-off requests, etc.
- Support and follow company safety policies and procedures
- Ensure that daily ergonomic stretches are performed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 – 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to be flexible and manage multiple priorities and quickly adapting to changes in the work environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and ensure customer needs are met
- Overall understanding of Trendway’s manufacturing products and process
- Ability to maintain a positive” can-do” attitude
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate within the work center
- Demonstrated ability to lead, guide and coach team members
- Knowledgeable in Continuous Improvement (Lean) implementation ideal
- Basic computer skills required, including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance or stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This job requires close vision, the ability to correctly see color, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is moderately noisy to loud, depending upon the area in which you are working. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and cold depending upon weather conditions.
Trendway Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Veteran Owned Employer