The Die Repair Upgrader is responsible for the completion of die repair maintenance, improvements, and design changes, safely, accurately, and on time. The person is expected to learn and safely operate the various machine tools and equipment needed to accomplish this along with blueprint reading and part inspection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Keep a clean and safe work environment.
- Report all accidents and injuries.
- Work assigned schedule.
- Meet attendance requirements.
- Use good judgment and common sense at all times.
- Maintenance and upkeep of all production tooling, so as to produce quality stampings and comply with customer standards.
- Complete all assigned work (including all necessary paperwork) safely, accurately and on time.
- Relay all necessary information to production control and manufacturing departments to ensure quality and on time delivery of product.
- Support, promote and participate in Lean Manufacturing initiatives throughout the manufacturing floor.
- Maintain 95% and higher 5S scores in the tool and die repair department.
- Hi-lo operation.
- Additional duties as assigned by Tooling Engineer - Team Leader.
- Define “root cause” of problematic dies and processes and help implement a permanent solution.
- Express plan and execute ideas to continually improve quality of dies, productivity, and processes.
- Operate crane to move dies.
- Welding of tool steels as needed.
- Setup and operation of tool room equipment
- Blueprint reading and metrology
- 3 Years setting up and operating metal stamping presses
- Previous tool and die experience preferred (willing to train the right person)