ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Perform job duties in a safe, courteous and professional manner in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
3. The ability to work variable shifts, and is available for overtime to meet service needs.
4. Maintains a safe environment by complying with traffic regulations; observing traffic conditions; avoiding dangerous situations, and enforcing passenger safety/conduct rules.
5. Represents Hope Network in a professional and positive manner and ensures a positive passenger experience. Regulates heating, cooling and ventilation systems for passenger comfort. Maintains the vehicle interior in a neat condition during service operation. Keeps all passenger and manifest information confidential.
6. Assists passengers as needed or as requested. Verifies that all passengers are properly secured as required by following established policies and procedures.
7. Follows proper emergency procedures in the event of an accident, safety, and or passenger incident by following established policies and procedures.
8. Communicate incidents or any undesirable behavior of a passenger to Customer Care or Transportation Manager in accordance with established policies and procedures.
9. Ensures operation communications and resolutions in accordance with Federal Communications Commission guidelines by utilizing two-way radio to contacting Customer Care to timely and accurately report all irregularities, delays, accidents, incidents, requests for emergency maintenance, and safety/operation problems as they occur, preparing written report of event. Listens and complies with all communications/directions from Customer Care.
10. Maintains driving knowledge and skills by participating in safety and related training programs that are made available. Adheres to Hope Network and Transportation’s attendance policy.
11. Maintaining accurate records, assisting passengers as required including wheelchair securements, receiving and accounting for fares, radio communications, following emergency procedures, and other activities as assigned by the Operations and/or Transportation Manager.
12. Contributes to the team effort by training assigned employees, participating in problem solving methods, and maintaining a cooperative relationship with coworkers and management.
13. Fuels vehicle as necessary.
14. Complete all assigned trainings to include, Vehicle Safety, First Aid/CPR, Radio communications, Understanding MI/DD, Incident Reporting and other classes as required
15. Other departmental duties as assigned.